Wednesday 18 April 2012

Another Milestone

Its amazing how time flies, it seems like it was just yesterday when i was pregnant and carried Sean for 9 months, well its 10 months to be exact since he was late.lol. I remember everything i did to prepare for his arrival and how i couldn't wait to see him and finally hold him. Then that day arrived, October 16th. The most life changing experience that will live with me till the day i die. There he was, my gift, my perfect gift from above. His head so full of hair and body covered with the placenta liquids and he was crying.How relived i was to hear his cry, it was like music to my ears. I remember the nurse placing him on my chest, this was the moment i had been waiting for 10 months, and it was finally here. I held him close and kissed him on the forehead. My baby was Born.



When i got to take Sean home i knew a whole new  life was ahead of me, ahead of us. And i couldn't wait to take on this new challenging but very rewarding role, being a mother. I remember talking to my hubby and telling him how beautiful Sean was, i got all tearly eyed and told him this is the best thing he could ever give me. Us having a child together was a symbol of our love and we were the happiest, still are.





Each day with Sean is a new day, there is always something to look forward to. As each day goes by, its another milestone for him, for me. I remember when i first started seeing him smile, what a beautiful smile i thought and what a happy baby he is. In 4 months he started on solids, 6 months he was sitting, 10 months he started teething, 12 months he started taking his first steps and in 15 months he starts saying a few words till eventually repeating after what you say or what he hears on TV. We were together during the special occasions like his birthday, Christmas and his first holiday trip to Tanzania. Life with him is simply beautiful.

Anyway so this week was another milestone is Sean's life, not only did he turn 18 months he also started nursery. And i do have to say what an emotional experience it is for me.lol. Sean is very active and smart, so i thought why should he just be home, were he doesn't even have siblings and only has adults to interact with when he can be in nursery, where he gets to learn and interact with other kids. Plus he would be getting out of the house and exploring the world.



This week was a settling in period for him which meant that I would go with him and start to slowly withdraw, because the last thing we want is for me to just leave him there and for him to realise that am gone and start crying crazy.lol. Though Sean is not really like that, it's important that the child is happy and settles in well especially in new environments. The lady in charge at the Nursery explained. She was very nice, welcoming, she made me feel comfortable at the thought that I was going to be living my child there, especially since she knew everything she was talking about, I was well informed and any queries I had were answered instantly. Plus I got to see the other children playing and how they interacted with them, and I instantly knew this is where I want my child to be. Mind you I had tried to register Sean at another Nursery which was much bigger but sadly they have a year's waiting list. Just when I was about to give up this one came up.i found this nursery way more welcoming compared to the other one and i believe everything happens for a reason. At least now I have an idea of what to look for when Sean starts school.lol.

Since its just settling in period first, as I was doing all the paperwork Sean was able to play with the other kids, this would help them review him and see how well he settles in, if he will be happy there etc, I could see him turning to see if I was still there, or sometimes he would forget and just play, sometimes he would come and bring me the toys and want me to play too,lol, but he was definitely enjoying himself. Seeing that brought such joy to my eyes, he was a little boy now, so grown and seeking his independence. When it was time to go there he was by the door waving and saying "Bye bye Mummy". It got me all tearly eyed but I had to contain myself, he made me chase him to go and get him, I could see he didn't want to leave, this was a bitter/sweet moment for me and am sure most mothers out there will understand why.



Day two of settling in, i got to drop him and hang around for about 15 minutes but in another room where Sean couldn't see me, then i was told i could leave and come get him after a few hours. There i was looking at him happily playing and having so much fun as i left, i started thinking, now what do i do with myself, i was already missing him. I spoke to his dad and there i was crying, i couldn't help it, my baby was all grown, right before my eyes. Now i understand why each mother i talk to who has kids who are older telling me, " Enjoy and Cherish each and every moment", which i do but this week was another wake up call, i don't want to wake up one day and there he is off to college,lol, though i know that i will, thinking how fast time has gone by. But hopefully I'll have all the memories with me and i would be pleased that i did a good job and hopefully Sean will be too.



Here's a video of Sean when he was taking his first steps.




I love my Sean.

Till next time.....


xoxo Yummy Mummy


PS: All the development stages I said vary from child to child, for those who have kids and start to compare. if you have any concerns speak to your doctor.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww very beautiful blog yummy mummy ;-)

    ReplyDelete