Saturday 3 December 2011

The warm heart of Africa

Malawi is also known as The warm heart of Africa. It is such a beautiful country. I lived there most of my teenage life. I went to high school there. Anyway my favorite part about Malawi is the lake. It is just beautiful. I remember we used to go there during the weekend, with the family, friends, school trips you name it. It was crazy fun. The hotels, resorts, cottages were just amazing. There's nothing i love but the feeling i get when i just enter the hotel room for the first time. Breath in that fresh air, the smell of the clean sheets on the bed. I would always explore the place, jump on the bed, switch on the TV, and take that deep breath. SIGH! This is the good life.lol.



I love the traditional feel you get from the rooms. You could just spend the whole day in. The food is always amazing, the views, and most of all the lake itself, i would spend almost the whole day in the lake, on the speed boats, swimming, you name it. I just loved it. That feeling on your feet as you are walking on that warm sand, the many kids playing along the lake, the fishermen fishing, watching the sun set. Its all beautiful to feel and see. There is wildlife to explore at the lake too, i remember we went to this place and there were so many crocodiles, quite scary but still fascinating. There is just so much more i could say about the lake. If you havent been there already i hope you can one day go and experience all the wonderful things the it has to offer.  Here are some amazing pictures.




















My friend esmie at the lake




What did you think my luvvies? Did you add it to your bucketlist? Please do feel free to share. Till next time...


xoxo Yummy Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment