Wednesday 30 November 2011

Lessons Learned: RESPECT

I want to share with you a very important lesson I learnt a few years back. Growing up in my teenage years I was very stubborn, me and my mum always used to argue, I can actually say I was rude some times and never did what I was told to do. I only did when it suited me, and if I did I would be sulking. The main thing was washing dishes, I used to be so pissed when my mum would call me to do them especially when I was watching my favorite program on TV. I mean we had a maid in the house, why did i have to do them? I thought.


So anyway then I came to study in the UK and I was looking for a part time job. My friend Towera and I ended up at an agency, and they found shifts for us. Sadly we were both sent to different places. I ended up at a primary school, and to my surprise the job was being a kitchen porter. I was in disbelief and shocked, but I could'nt just get there then leave. They had been waiting for me. I had to wear these huge shoes, navy blue trousers, blue polo shirt and a hat. I looked so bad.lol.


The uniform looked something like this.

Anyway then the lady told me where I was supposed to be, from the moment I started till when my shift was over I was by the sink washing dishes, one after the other they kept pilling up, big pots, plates, you name it. I was so tired, I didn't have a break. The lady was so nice to me but she still thought I wasn't fast enough and here I was thinking i was doing it at the speed of sound.lol. The kids were having their lunch and I had to go in the dinning room and get their plates when they were done. Never in my life did I ever think I would be doing that. It reminded me of the time when i was in high school (St. Andrew's in Malawi) when after dinner the workers would come and take our plates. Thankfully I wasn't rude to them but looking back I think I could have done more.






Anyway then my day ended, I was in shock at what had happened, so there I am waiting for the bus to go home, and coincidentally my friend Towera was in the same bus i got into. We just kept saying each other's names. We all didn't know where to start, in the end we just burst into laughter. We laughed all the way home literally in tears. And that was it we said we were not going to go back to that agency again. But we did because we didn't have another job,lol. So when we got there the lady spoke to us saying the places we went to work complained that we were slow. Towera and I glanced at each other trying so hard not to laugh. Then when they were not looking we snuck out and never looked back. Lol.


The moral of the story is that I should have respected and listened to my mum and did what she asked. Because I didn't, that situation found me when i least expected it. I believe our parents are there to guide us and prepare us for the road ahead in life.The bibble says respect your mum and dad so you have a long blessed life. We should respect everyone, no matter who they are or what they do. Respect comes along way, in order to receive it we have to give it.




What did you think my luvvies? What are some of the lessons you have learned in your life? Please do feel free to share. Till next time....


Xoxo Yummy Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment